The Office of Research Protections and Compliance (ORPC) provides a centralized resource to ensure UMBC conducts its research activities in a manner consistent with federal, state and institutional regulatory requirements.
Please click on the appropriate links below to obtain information about the various regulations, procedures, forms, and training related to research compliance. For assistance and to answer any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the ORPC staff.
- Animal Care & Use
- Biosafety / Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Compliance Committee Meeting Dates
- Data Management
- Education and Training
- Export Control Management
- Human Subjects
- Research compliance feedback and reporting research concerns
- Responsible Conduct of Research / Research Integrity
- Resources for IMET faculty and staff
The ORPC is using and has plans for implementing Kuali for a variety of compliance activities. Click the links below for more information.
Conflict of Interest disclosures – live!
Animal Protocols Management – click for current progress of our configuration
Human Subjects Research Management – coming soon!
For more information, please contact ORPC at
email@example.com or 410-455-2737
or visit us at