The Office of Research Protections and Compliance (ORPC) provides a centralized resource to ensure UMBC conducts its research activities in a manner consistent with federal, state and institutional regulatory requirements.
Please click on the appropriate links below to obtain information about the various regulations, procedures, forms, and training related to research compliance. For assistance and to answer any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the ORPC staff.
- Animal Care & Use
- Biosafety / Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Compliance Committee Meeting Dates
- Data Management
- Education and Training
- Export Control Management
- Human Subjects
- Research compliance feedback and reporting research concerns
- Responsible Conduct of Research / Research Integrity
- Resources for IMET faculty and staff
For more information, please contact ORPC at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-2737
or visit us at
5523 Research Park Drive
Baltimore, Maryland 21228
A cloud-based electronic research administration tool. Use Kuali for all your conflicts of interest disclosures and protocol submissions.
Link to Kuali Production – umbc.kuali.co
Link to Kuali Info Page- Kuali At UMBC
Link to Kuali Protocol Training Guides