UMBC has an Institutional Review Board (IRB) whose responsibility is to protect the rights and ensuring the safety of human subjects participating in research. The IRB requires that all investigators who are affiliated with UMBC and who are engaged in research, regardless of funding, comply with both UMBC procedures and federal regulations regarding the protection of human subjects in protocol activities.
- Federal/Maryland – Regulations and Policies
- Do I need IRB Review? Is my project human subjects research? Open to see.
- UMBC Protocol Submission Forms and Procedures
- Consent/assent guidance and forms
- Special topics
- Post Approval forms and procedures
- Protocol Monitoring and Review