OSP Finding Funding Presentation Slides: 3 Databases for Finding Funding
Foundation Directory Online:
Foundation Directory Online (FDO) is a database that is available to faculty, staff, and graduate students who have a working, valid UMBC login name and password. FDO can be accessed on campus through the Office of Sponsored Programs’ website as well as off-campus through UMBC’s Global Protect VPN Portal. Instructions for using the Global Protect VPN can be found on the UMBC VPN Wiki link: https://wiki.umbc.edu/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=36766377
Instructions for FDO access are provided below:
- Click on the hyperlink to Foundation Directory and the link (https://my.umbc.edu/go/143) will immediately direct you to FDO.
- Navigate to https://gpvpn.umbc.edu
- If you are not already authenticated, enter your myUMBC credentials and complete the two Factor authentication (i.e. DUO).
- Click “Browse without Client Software” and enter https://my.umbc.edu/go/143. Refer to screenshot below:
- You will arrive at the Home Page of FDO for UMBC. You will see that it says “Hi University Maryland Baltimore County” at the top of the screen (see screenshot below). Now you can begin to search for funding.
Additional FDO Information can be found here: Getting To Know Foundation Directory: Fact Sheet
ADDITIONAL FUNDING OPPORTUNITY RESOURCES
The Office of Research Development provides one-on-one consultations with faculty, staff and students who are seeking extramural support for their scholarly activities. This often leads to the identification of funding mechanisms, sponsors, collaborators, skill development opportunities or other important steps toward meaningful and sustainable capacity building. To meet with someone from the Office of Research Development, please email email@example.com to describe your project and request a meeting.