Animal care personnel working with animals should be aware of the potential dangers associated with animal contact. These include but are not limited to: animal bites, scratches, and kicks; allergens; pathogenic organisms; and parasites. Many simple steps can be taken to lessen the risk of working with animals.
All lab personnel must complete the below highlighted modules before the IACUC provides approval. UMBC uses one source of training. Follow instructions below. For more information, general UMBC occupational health and safety information can be found on the UMBC OSHP Page. UMBC may accept evidence of training (e.g. certificate of completion) from another institution. Please forward these documents to email@example.com for review.
WEBNET Occupational Health and Safety Training
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL HEALTH AND SAFETY TRAINING MUST BE REPEATED ANNUALY
Contact the Office of Research Protections and Compliance (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting access to Webnet. Please provide your full name and email. The ORPC will respond to your registration request with your login information within one (1) business day. Your login information will include:
Company ID = umbcecs
Username = first initial + last name
Password = safety
- Go to: http://www.webnettraining.com/
- Login using the information ORPC will send you
- After logging in -Click “Start Training” at top of screen.
- Click “Training Topics”
- Scroll through the list of topics and select each one of the below (and be sure to turn on your computer speakers):
Working Safely with Animals – Part 1
Working Safely with Animals – Part 2
- The ORPC will be electronically notified of your training completion. Your instructor/supervisor, though, may require evidence of training completion. Contact the ORPC for details.
Additional Training Opportunities
UMBC’s Office of Research Protections and Compliance provides a wide variety of training. ORPC has presented to departments, labs and administrative groups on campus. We would be more than happy to meet with you or your unit. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.