All persons whose research activities include use of or access to technologies that may be subject to U.S. export control laws must understand their obligations under these laws.
All personnel must complete the below modules who are listed in a Technology Control Plan; follow instructions below. For more information, general UMBC export control information can be found on the UMBC Export Control Page. UMBC may accept evidence of training (e.g. certificate of completion) from other institutions. Please forward these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Questions or issues regarding training? Click this link: Research compliance feedback and reporting research concerns.
CITI Program Export Control Training
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL EXPORT CONTROL TRAINING MUST BE REPEATED EVERY 2 YEARS.
- Using your UMBC login credentials, click on the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Single Sign On (SSO) login link on the CITI Program’s website.
- Persons with a current CITI login will be directed to their current CITI course list.
- If you do not have a current CITI login, you will see this screen. Click on the appropriate link and follow the below instructions
- Click on Register link in top right.
- Set up an account for yourself – in “Select Your Organization Affiliation” section, make sure to select “University of Maryland, Baltimore County” by typing it in box. Then follow the rest of the instructions to create your account.
- When asked “Which courses do you plan to take”…
- Scroll to “Question #5” and under ” CITI Export Controls Course” select:
CITI Export Controls – 8 required modules (8 supplemental modules)
CITI EC Refresher – 4 required modules
- Once courses selected, click “Submit”
- Then complete the courses
- Once the initial training period has ended, CITI will provide instruction to renew training modules with a refresher course.
Additional Training Opportunities
Introduction to Export Controls – presented by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory – created June 2015
UMBC’s Office of Research Protections and Compliance provides a wide variety of training. ORPC has presented to departments, labs and administrative groups on campus. We would be more than happy to meet with you or your unit. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.