The Office of Research Protections and Compliance (ORPC) provides a centralized resource to ensure UMBC conducts its research activities in a manner consistent with federal, state and institutional regulatory requirements.
Please click on the appropriate links below to obtain information about the various regulations, procedures, forms, and training related to research compliance. For assistance and to answer any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the ORPC staff.
- Animal Care & Use
- Biosafety / Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Data Management
- Education and Training
- Export Control Management
- Human Subjects
- Research compliance feedback and reporting research concerns
- Responsible Conduct of Research / Research Integrity
- Resources for Columbus Center faculty and staff
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
For more information, please contact ORPC at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-455-2737
or visit us at