Effective March 18, 2020 all research & studio facilities at UMBC are operating under Research Maintenance Mode.
- Any individual requiring access to research or studio facilities – even for a one-time visit to shut-down laboratories, maintain critical research infrastructure, or retrieve critical documents or information – is required to obtain prior authorization by submitting the Research Access Exception Form.
UMBC will host its third Virtual Town Hall on Friday, May 29, 2020, dedicated to Relaunching Research and Creative Achievement (RCA) activities on the UMBC Campus.
- Please register for the Town Hall and submit Questions in Advance here.
- The participant Webex link will be shared after you RSVP.
UMBC hosted two Prior Virtual Town Halls on April 17 and May 8, 2020, dedicated to the Status of and Relaunching Research and Creative Achievement (RCA) activities on the UMBC Campus.
- OVPR is tracking the growing number of federal and private funding opportunities related to COVID-19.
- Faculty and administrative leaders are encouraged to check frequently on this site, and to let the Research Office know of any new relevant funding opportunities that should be shared through this mechanism.
UMBC joins USM COVID Research & Innovation Task Force
- University System of Maryland (USM) Chancellor Jay A. Perman assembled a Task Force to leverage and mobilize systemwide research and innovations that will engage policymakers, business leaders, and the entrepreneurial community in addressing the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Laurie Locascio, Vice President for Research at both UMCP and UMB, serves as Task Force Chair, with senior staffing provided by USM Vice Chancellor for Economic Development J. Thomas Sadowski.
- In addition to USM Chancellor Jay A. Perman, the Task Force includes UMB Interim President Bruce Jarrell, UMCP President-Designee Darryll Pines and UMBC Vice President for Research Karl V. Steiner.
COGR-maintained lists of COVID-19 Funding Opportunities:
- OMB NIH NSF DOD DOE DHHS FDA HRSA SAMHSA USAMRAA NAVY DOJ CDC NASA
- DARPA USDA USAID ONR USDOT EPA NEH NEA IMLS DOC DOI DOL STATE
- CONTRACTS NON-FEDERAL SPONSORS
Special COVID-19 Funding Opportunities for UMBC Faculty.
Latest Update – April 29, 2020