The UMBC Research Council is a University Committee that reports directly to the Faculty Senate. The Council reviews and recommends policies that promote and enhance research, scholarship, and creative activity at UMBC. It also “serves as a forum for discussion of research issues or systematic problems in need of amelioration.” In addition, the UMBC Research Council is charged with:
- carrying out periodic reviews of UMBC Centers and Institutes to ensure the academic quality and value to the University;
- receiving reports from UMBC administration and research committees including issues of University compliance with Federal and State regulations; and
- voicing faculty concerns to the campus administration on matters involving administrative or academic affairs affecting the quality of research.
The Research Council meets on the second Friday of each month during the Academic Year.
- September 11, 2015, 11:30 to 1:00 pm, Room TBD
- October 9, 2015, 11:30 to 1:00 pm, Room TBD
- November 13, 2015, 11:30 to 1:00 pm, Room TBD
- December 11, 2015, 11:30 to 1:00 pm, Room TBD
If you would like to bring a potential initiative, concern or suggestion to the Research Council’s attention, please contact the Council through any or all of the individuals below.
We look forward to hearing from and working with you!
2014-2015 Research Council Members
College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Carlo DiClemente, Psychology, email@example.com
- David Revill, Music, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Rubinstein, Sociology & Anthropology, email@example.com
- Craig Saper, Language, Literacy & Culture, firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Engineering and Information Technology
- Upal Ghosh, Chemical, Biochemical & Environmental Engineering, email@example.com
- Joel Morris, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Natural and Mathematical Sciences
- Matthias Gobbert, Research Council Chair, Mathematics & Statistics, email@example.com
- Lasse Lindahl, Biological Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jane Turner, Physics, email@example.com
Research Center Representatives
Senior Research Administrators Group Representative
- Linda Brown, MIPAR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Student Association (GSA) Representative
- Dan Miller, email@example.com
Professional Staff Senate (PASS) Representatives
Non-Exempt Staff Representative
- Sabrina Strohmier, CUERE, firstname.lastname@example.org