OVPR manages several internal award mechanisms. Click the links below for more information:
Special Research Assistantship/Initiative Support (SRAIS)
- Supports UMBC faculty to advance their scholarly and research endeavors, to compete more effectively for external support and to pursue new areas of inquiry.
- Award Size: up to $20,000
- Due February 9, 2015 – call for proposals will be issued soon
Summer Faculty Fellowship (SFF)
- Supports non-tenured, tenure-track UMBC faculty pursuing research and scholarly projects during the summer, including projects in all departments.
- Award Size: up to $6,000
- Due February 16, 2015 – call for proposals will be issued soon
The program below do not have open calls for proposals, but some may be repeated again in the future:
- Supports the advance of innovations originating from UMBC research to more commercially viable technologies, i.e. proof-of-concept studies, extending data collection and prototype development
- Award Size: up to $25,000
- Proposals were due September 30, 2014
- UMBC / Naval Academy Cybersecurity Grants
- Supports new, mutually advantageous research relationships between UMBC and the Naval Academy that are focused on cybersecurity research.
- White papers (3 pages max) were due Monday, October 20, 2014.
- Award Size: up to $150,000
- Supports creative teams of investigators working across disciplinary boundaries and institutions, new research foci and the underlying basic science to pursue future health care improvements and/or technologies; and stimulates submission of innovative basic and translational science research proposals to federal, public or private funding agencies.
- Two Award Tracks
- Innovation Seed Track: up to $50,000
- Innovation Challenge Track: up to $75,000 per year for 2 years
- Due October 31, 2014
- Supports the inclusion of undergraduates in faculty-led research during their first four semesters at UMBC
- Award Size: up to $1,500
- Due November 7, 2014