The OMB Uniform Guidance (also known as: the Omni Guidance, the Omni Circular and Super Circular, and the Uniform Grant Guidance) is a new set of regulations which consolidates several OMB Circulars, including A21, A110, and A133. These regulations impact the proposals you make for federal funding, the way grants and contracts are managed, and the cost principles that guide research at the University of Maryland Baltimore County.
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations: 2 CFR 200, Uniform Guidance
- Federal Register: Final Guidance
- Uniform Guidance Crosswalk from Final Guidance to Existing Guidance
UMBC Institution Training
- To be announced
- Council on Financial Assistance Reform (COFAR): FAQs, webinars, other resources
- NCURA Uniform Guidance videos
- Council on Governmental Relations: COGR Guide to OMB Uniform Guidance, Version 2 (September 23, 2014)
Timeline for Implementation
- 12/26/2014: Uniform implementation for all subparts except Subpart F. Applicable to new and incremental funding awarded on or after this date.
- 7/1/2015: Beginning of FY 16. Subpart F (Audit Requirements) becomes effective at the University.
- 7/1/2016: Beginning of FY 17. Procurement regulations become effective. The University of Maryland Baltimore County will continue to follow the procurement requirement of OMB Circular A-110 and will utilize the grace period allowed in the Uniform Guidance. For more information on UMBC’s procurement policies, go to (http://procurement.umbc.edu/).