Conflict of Interest (COI) training to include Institutional Conflict of Interest (ICI) must be completed by individuals, identified as “key personnel”, who receive funding from a Public Health Service (PHS) awarding agency. The PHS COI training regulations cover persons whose research is sponsored by NIH, CDC, AHRQ, and other Public Health Service (PHS) agencies and must be completed prior to the awarding of funds. For those needing training in Organizational Conflict of Interest the Federal Demonstration Partnership now offers an Organizational Conflict of Interest Training Deck.
Key personnel must complete the below highlighted modules at least once every four years. Please follow the below registration instructions. For more information, general UMBC conflict of interest information can be found on the UMBC COI Page. UMBC may accept evidence of training (e.g. certificate of completion) from another institution. Please forward these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
Questions or issues regarding training? Click this link: Research compliance feedback and reporting research concerns.
CITI Program Conflict of Interest Training
IMPORTANT NOTE: ALL CONFLICT OF INTEREST TRAINING MUST BE REPEATED EVERY 4 YEARS.
- Using your UMBC login credentials, click on the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Single Sign On (SSO) login link on the CITI Program’s website.
- Persons with a current CITI login will be directed to their current CITI course list.
- If you do not have a current CITI login, you will see this screen. Click on the appropriate link and follow the below instructions
- Click on Register link in top right.
- Set up an account for yourself – in “Select Your Organization Affiliation” section, make sure to select “University of Maryland, Baltimore County” by typing it in box. Then follow the rest of the instructions to create your account.
- When asked “Which courses do you plan to take”….
- For first time users, scroll to “Question #4” and under “UMBC Conflict of Interest Course” select:
UMBC Conflicts of Interest Course – 3 required modules (2 supplemental modules)
- For those who have been reminded to take a COI training refresher, scroll to “Question #4” and under “UMBC Conflict of Interest Course” select:
UMBC Conflicts of Interest (COI) Refresher Course – 4 required modules
- Once courses selected, click “Submit”
- Then complete the courses
- Your CITI training record is automatically fed into the Kuali COI Disclosure record.
Additional Training Opportunities
UMBC’s Office of Research Protections and Compliance provides a wide variety of training. ORPC has presented to departments, labs and administrative groups on campus. We would be more than happy to meet with you or your unit. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.